Monday, January 2, 2012

Orcish Morrowind 2012: Day 1

Pelagiad, Halfway Tavern. It's not so bad I suppose. My first day in this place has been quite the adventure though. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here, in Vvardenfell, exactly. Inner peace perhaps? What is peace for an Orc? Hmm.

I arrived here in the small port town of Seyda Neen. The Imperial's posted there got angry when the small boat I was on landed, and after a bit of needless yelling they finally let us go without a fine or anything. As I saw the man who sailed me here off I heard a local Dunmer muttering insults about Orc's, he had witnessed the whole Imperial ordeal. He didn't seem to take their side, as several Imperial insults were interspersed with the Orcish ones. I don't take kindly to racism. I followed him back to his house and before he knew what was happened slaughtered him. No one noticed, but for several hours I suffered from quite a bit of guilt. That was not who I wish to be anymore. No more killing in cold blood.

I wandered around town a bit and talked with the locals, they all told me to go to some city named Balmora, the city I'm headed to now. With all of the shit I went through today it's no surprise I couldn't make the walk in one day. Anyway, a lot of the townsfolk mentioned that a local tax collector had gone missing. Being low on gold I asked if there was any reward for finding him. No one had heard anything, but they all suggested I go ask a local official. Socucius Ergalla, unfortunately one of the men I argued with upon my arrival, happened to be the official in question. He informed me that no reward had been posted as of yet, but hinted that no bad could come from helping out the dear Imperial Legion.

I figured I might as well go see if I couldn't find him in the nearby marshes. On my way out I nicked a few items though. A lockpick, some gold, and most importantly a key. This key happened to be a warehouse key and allowed me entrance into a treasure trove of goodness! I'm almost fully equipped with heavy armor, a handful of weapons, plenty of money, and this strange, sugary substance. The smell is, unlike anything I've ever smelled. I don't know why I'm compelled to hang on to it...

Out in the marshes the most peculiar thing occurred, I found quite a fancy looking book laying abandoned in the road. No sooner had I picked it up did I hear screaming from above. Suddenly a damned Bosmer came crashing to the ground with a bone snapping thud. As it turned out this fool elf was attempting to create a new form of travel via scrolls that increased jumping abilites exponentially. It seemed he had trouble with getting the effect to last until he finally came back to earth. Hah, damned fool elf.

Soon after this I discovered the body of the tax collector, and I came to an incredible realization. By some random happenstance I had this man's ring in my possession already. See the murderer of this man is none other than that foul racist Dunmer I killed earlier that day. I had done nothing more than enact swift justice, without even knowing it. My demeanor changed needless to say. Ironic considering all the bloodshed involved. Orcish habits die hard.

I got paid a small sum and was informed that the tax collector had a lover who might be interested in the ring as a keepsake. I visited her and returned his ring. I left her crying in her door frame, she needed to be alone. Elves are weak creatures. I was finally on my way, and the sun was already starting to set.

A cave caught my interest though, I'm glad it did too. Right outside of Seyda Neen, literally right around the corner was a small band of slavers! They didn't stand a chance. I assumed the first one was just some bandit and as she attacked me I took her down with ease. As I continued into the lair I discovered the cage with some poor Khajiit and Argonian's locked away. I freed them and wasted no time in hunting down the rest of their captors. My rage fueled my attacks. Bloodlust drove every swing. Their skulls were no match for the steel of a berserking Orc's mace.

I ransacked what goods they had, some scrolls of unlocking, some gold and more of that delicious smelling sugar. I made my way to Pelagiad and now, I must say, I'm quite exhausted. Tomorrow will be the real start of my life here, of all the wretched places in Tamriel.
-Mar-Graz III

No comments: