Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Orcish Morrowind 2012: Day 2

Pelagiad is an empty, pointless, almost depressing town. There is nothing of interest here. I chatted with the locals for a bit before I discovered that it was apparently a retirement town for Imperial Legion soldiers with the fort being built after more people moved here and trade increased between Seyda Neen and Balmora. The tavern I stayed at was nice enough though.

Balmora took no time to arrive at. I asked around town to see what all it had on offer. This, I believe homeless, Argonian named Huul informed me of several guilds in town, the local religious temple and pointed me in the direction of the Great House Hlaalu. In the midst of conversation I noticed Huul continued to breathe deeper and deeper and seemed to be leading us to some shady back alley. Soon enough he turned the conversation asking me if I was trying to move any of my moon sugar.

I'd never heard of moon sugar before, but that was apparently the identity of that wonderful smelling sugar I had found in that slaver's den. It is a narcotic in high demand here in Morrowind, really popular with the cats. A user can create skooma out of it, a drink that affects user's the same way the sugar does, some of which I had picked up earlier as well. My first day here and I was already getting involved in some heavy shit. He told me a friend of his, Ra'virr, was looking to buy some and would pay well for it.

We departed soon after and I decided to head to Ra'virr's, he wasn't hard to find, right near the entrance of the shopping district actually. He greeted me and immediately he knew what sort of business I was there for. An offer was made, but he wasn't expecting anyone to show up with quite as much product as I had acquired. He promised if he could have it all now he'd be able to pay off the rest within the week. He knew people desperate for some more of that sugar.

I came to a moral dilemma. I didn't want this stuff on me anymore, not after discovering it's sinister and highly illegal nature. Though I didn't want to continue poisoning the sick. Lastly I didn't trust this cat, especially not with this high of a debt right as I met him. I sold him what he could afford, and he angrily requested I reconsider. I told him I could not, and to find me when he had more money, I didn't want to distribute it but due to a lack of septim and not really wanting the risk of carrying that many drugs on me I was willing to supply him with whatever moon sugar I found on my journeys.

As I turned to leave his hammer smashed into the wall just behind my head destroying his shelf. He'd lost it. Perhaps he had been the desperate junkie all along. I drew my mace to defend myself and the scuffle that followed ended up destroying a lot of his random plates and other assorted dishes. Eventually his hammer slammed hard against my bone and that's all it took. He might have gotten pissed, but nothing knows rage like an Orc. The next few seconds were a flurry of red and pathetic ear piercings screeches. Ra'virr had been slain.

I fell against the wall exhausted. Two days on this island and already the proud owner of two decent homes, but at what cost? I left my homeland to improve myself, and my world. This is how I choose to spend my time? But I digress.. It's morning as I write this, my arm is nearly healed. I need to look for work, though my coin purse has been filling quite considerably since I landed here, steady pay would always be nice.
-Mar-Graz III

No comments: