Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blogging Morrowind 2011: Day 5

Today was a good day.

I awoke and headed out of Balmora to the nearby Shulk Egg Mine. On the way I found a, erm, dunmer tomb. I'm not superstitious by any means, but... The life of the wanderer demanded it. I entered. I don't much care for undead, unholy bastards. There really wasn't much of note here, aside from a few ghosts and skeletons. Luckily I had gotten my hands on a some sort of flame-enchanted spear and made short work of these.. things. I don't really understand what the dunmer do here.. let the dead rest.

After that short excursion I headed to the egg mine, I was at my destination within minutes. Outside two egg.. workers? I don't know what they call themselves, approached me and explained the situation, two ex-workers have become poachers and are stealing eggs. Once inside I discovered some of the vilest creatures I'd ever had the grotesque pleasure of meeting. Putrid, stinking things. I ran to the back of the cave and pumped into the two poachers and made short work of them. They used pick axes, dirty barbarians. The stood no chance against my spear. Heh.

By the time I got back in town half the day was gone! It was a pretty eventful day at least. Ehh. I went to the bar afterwards to unwind a bit, some man was apparently making crazy claims to wanting to be a lich or some such nonsense.. I didn't pay it much mind, but I might go check out the cave he mentioned. There may be something worth plundering.. Heh. I also heard a rumor. The legendary thieves guild, apparently exists, and they have factions all over Vvardenfell! I must find my brothers! I needed to report back in though.

I returned to my guilds and got promotions in all of them! I don't remember what my rank is specifically, but tomorrow I can inquire. My next fighter's guild mission led me all the way out to Caldera, ugh. I'm not quite done with affairs in town I don't think, so I'll get to that later. Some spies are apparently working on the mine... That does sound kind of important..

But it matters not! For you see, just before falling asleep, I was walking around the slummier half of town and found a little club that I'd heard mention of. Lo and behold, I had finally found the thieves guild, my guild. I found the leader though, wasn't exactly the brother I was expecting...

Damn Khajiit! After joining up though, I managed to relieve some stress. I swear. It was just a one time thing!
-Unoob Featherclout

No comments: